Thursday, October 28, 2010

Fear and loathing in the suburbs

I find these days that my night time emotions consist predominantly of "fear" and "loathing"

Fear: the constant terror that James will wake up. And not go back to sleep with just his dummy. Will want to a) eat, b) poop or worse still (!) c) play. This emotion is most prevalent between 4 and 5 am as a a 4.30 wake up call is usually tickets. So of couse I wake up most nights around 4am and lie in fear listening for James. Not very smart since that's valuable sleep time!

Loathing: this is really the loathing I feel for my poor unsuspecting spouse as I creep through to the nursery every night and he lies in bed snoring. It's at this point that I seriously consider hacking off one of my husband's limbs with an axe. I reckon I could absolutely get away with it if I could just source a jury of new moms.

On the up side James slept straight through from 6.45pm to 5.45am last night despite refusing his bedtime bottle and two unheard of monster naps yesterday. Hurrah! The tide has turned? Probably not wise to gloat to soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment